As Bowman’s celebrates 90 years of service, Dale & Dirk Bowman would like to thank their customers and community for their support. In honor of this milestone, we’re including a brief history of Bowman’s.
1928: Ralph D Bowman established R.D. Bowman’s in Union Mills, serving the community as a general store selling groceries, gas, hardware and livestock feed.
1945: Mill built to meet growing demand for livestock feed.
1953: Officially organized as R.D. Bowman & Sons, Inc.
1954: Approached by Ralston-Purina to become an official Purina dealer.
1962: Completed a new, state-of-the-art mill in Westminster and Bowman’s became an official Purina dealer.
1991: Dale and Dirk Bowman become the 3rd generation of Bowmans to own and operate the business.
1992-2012: Dale and Dirk add retails locations Bowman’s Feed & Pet and Bowman’s Home & Garden in Westminster and Bowman’s North Glad Feed & Supply in Keymar.
2018: Bowman’s celebrates 90 years!